Wednesday, February 7, 2007

----------------------------

I think I have joined the ranks of piano teachers who are thought of as harsh, cruel,and whatever else the students think about them. Not that these teachers have ever done anything to deserve this treatment,but I believe it just sort of happens.
So when my students tell their children about their piano teacher Miss Jamin, it will probably sound like this: She was sooooooo mean. I mean she made me practice and I didn't want to. And why did I have to play my scales so many times?????
Yes, give me 30 years and I think my ears are going to be ringing!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

yeah...I heard that Little Bits isn't coming for her lesson tomorrow.

She

Just

Can't

Takeitanymore!!!!

I missed you guys tonight...

jamin said...

I know, everybody seems to be
a little down with their lessons. I hope it is just the weather...
We missed you too last night. It was just us and Uncle Ed........

Unknown said...

Awwww...It's just February Blues. (teach them a blues rift...that'll help. Sorry. That was corny-corny-corny)

I dunno, I think you're the best piano teacher I've ever met ;-)

Glad SuperBowl was fun!

Kelly said...

Now really Jamin, I'm sure you hated doing your scales too, but did you hate your teacher? You know that these kids are going to grow up and probably say like every one else, "I wish I took piano more seriously. Now I have no time to practice."
Cheer up! Life goes on. In fact, these kids might not ever talk about their piano teacher. It's not a common topic!

jamin said...

Thanks Kelly!!! You're right, I view Mrs.Smith as grandma. But I did't mind scales, it was Fingerpower I hated.......

Unknown said...

Gaaa FingerPower! I remember those...Thanks a ton for bringing up such an unpleasant memory. ;-)

Prouty said...

I don't even have to punish my kids anymore I just tell them they will have to go to lessons twice a week instead of once---then they behave!!!!

Thanks Jamin!

Bekah said...

Hey jamin I missed you tonight. Say happy b-day to Rach for me!!!! See you Friday?

Marc said...

Be strong Jamin! You know what it takes to be a fabulous pianist. Learn them kids!