Monday, November 12, 2007

No Christmas music yet!!! Please!!!!

When it starts to get chilly,and there are sightings of snowflakes, people start thinking of Christmas. And when you play an instrument that means playing Christmas music. When you are the teacher though, 8 weeks of Christmas music is torturous to think of. So this year my students are not allowed to start playing carols till I let them. I really don't care if they play them at home, but don't start playing them for me at the beginning of November. There will be plenty of time after Thanksgiving, and for a music teacher that is LONG enough!!!!

14 comments:

barefootkangaroo said...

I disagree!!!

For me the Christmas season has begun! In fact it began back in July.

Andrew said...

What!? I just donwloaded everything from "Jingle Bell Rock" to Winter Wonderland".
I love it.

jamin said...

When you have over 10 students and they are all around the same level, those songs heard every week get really old.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jamin. Early Nov. is far too soon. By the time Christmas gets here I am so tired of most of those songs.

barefootkangaroo said...

GRINCH!!!!!

lisa d said...

i'm with the peck women. no christmas songs until december 15th for me!

Andrew said...

I'm sticking up for christmas music.

Lydia T. said...

I say it's allowed the day after Thanksgiving.

Andrew said...

scrooges.

Anonymous said...

Is this to be divided between the sexes?

Anonymous said...

I'm all for Christmas music.

Anonymous said...

NO Christmas music Please

Bekah said...

well I was with Jamin until to day. Now that we have snow it's time for Christmas music!!!!!

Kelly said...

I've lived by a rule for several years..... no Christmas music till Thanksgiving day. I love traveling to Grandmas house on Thanksgiving singing Blue Christmas with Elvis!!