Friday, March 28, 2008

Well, tomorrow is the day of the piano recital. My job is done, and it is up to the kids to play the best they can. When you are the student, you are only nervous for your self; The teacher is nervous for everybody. And I HATE public speaking!!!!! I used to write a speech, but this year, I haven't had time to really even think of what to say. Oh well.....and then one of my students said she knows my face gets red when I speak in public, because she has seen it happen before! Thanks! I was only trying to calm her nerves by telling her I was nervous as well!! But to top it all off, one of my students stopped taking lessons with me this week, and started piano lessons with someone else. I think I'm over that now though. Anyways, I know all the kids will do well, and I am looking forward to hearing them play.

5 comments:

MomZup said...

Jamin, it was a wonderful recital! You have such a quiet gentle way with the children and the ones who practice were really a delight. I would never have known that you were shy about public speaking for you don't appear nervous at all. Thank you for your enduring perserverance in these children's lives.

Kacie said...

Sorry I wasn't there Jamin. From what I hear it went really well. Congratulations!

Kelly said...

Sorry I missed it. I'm sure you did great.

Mom 8X said...

I missed the recital also, BUT, do you know how many times I heard those songs!? - not only my own kid's songs but all the other's also. I did miss not going to the recital. It's always a pleasure to hear and to see the progress made. Good job Jamin!!

jamin said...

Thank you!!!